MiSight Myopia Management Program
Second City Eye Care is now certified to start using the first FDA approved contact lens designed to slow down the progression of myopia in children ages 8-12.
Myopia, also known as nearsightedness, is the inability to see things at a distance. Due to lifestyle changes and genetics, myopia is now on the rise and has nearly doubled in the last 50 years.
Children who spend more time on near devices and less time outdoors are more likely to become nearsighted. The rate also increases if at least one parent is also myopic.
Myopia can progress rapidly in children, leading to severe sight threating conditions as an adult. These include retinal detachments, cataracts, glaucoma, and myopic maculopathy.
Treatment Program Includes:
- Annual supply of MiSight 1 Day contact lenses
- Insertion & removal classes
- All office visits for the year
- Free shipping and returns, including prescription changes
- Online support and mobile app with education resources
- A unique contact lens that slows the elongation of the eyes using ActivControl technology. Clinical trials show an average reduction in prescription changes of 59%.
- 90% of children and parents were happy with their new MiSight lenses and the overall program.
Together we can slow your child's myopic progression while giving them a more active and comfortable lifestyle!